Little Zip of Flavor
Wrap your hands around a bowl of satisfying black bean soup.
Our photo show the soup with a blob of sour cream in it. Yummy!
We show you how to make it below.
Don't omit the lemon juice. It adds that zip!
salt* and pepper to taste, add a blob of sour cream for garnish
1. Re-hydrate the onions, celery, garlic, and drain well.
2. Cook the bacon in a saucepan, take it out when cooked and let it cool so you can crumble it up later.
3. Add the re-hydrated items to the pan and the bacon grease, cook for about five minutes.
4. Add the cup of vegetable stock.
5. Add the two cans of beans, drain them first but no there’s no need to rinse them. Add the Worcestershire Sauce and the ketchup, add the crumbled bacon.
6. Stir together well, simmer ten minutes. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and stir again ... and serve with a blob of sour cream! Yummy!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
A little note here about beans. If you prefer to suffer from less gas, and who wouldn't, then consider rinsing the beans first as this takes away most of the gaseous effect of the beans. Just grab your sieve and rinse them under the kitchen faucet ... easy!
Make this easy great-tasting carrot soup - with a surprise twist!
Easy tasty meals made with dehydrated food!
It’s easy to dehydrate veggies when you know how! Use fresh, or frozen - or right from your garden!
Dehydrated oranges are so lightweight! Make some for yourself.