Rich, Thick, Smooth, and Satisfying!
Super-tasty and soul-satisfying cauliflower soup. I just love how rich and creamy the consistency is. You'd almost think that cream had been added.
Got pent up frustration? Take it out on the cauliflower as you chop away! (See the NOTE below the list of ingredients). However, if you are using your dehydrated cauliflower, you'll remain calm, cool, and collected!
More power to ya! :-)
NOTE: If you wish to make this delicious soup from fresh cauliflower, you can use the whole head of it. Yes, it will just about fill up the whole pan, but it does 'cook down'! Sprinkle on some chopped parsley for a nice garnish-touch!
If you prefer your soup a little thinner, at the end of cooking, you can add half a cup of vegetable stock. But as I said at the top of the page, I just love how thick and creamy this cauliflower soup is!
1. Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above.
2. When they are sufficiently plump, put the veggies into a heavy saucepan (with the optional millet and quinoa – RINSE the millet and quinoa first in a fine-sieve in the sink to get rid of the bitter taste).
3. Add the chopped parsley, vegetable stock, and cumin, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is fully cooked/soft.
4. Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes.
5. Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds. Serve with an added sprig of parsley for garnish!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
How to Make Cauliflower Mash ~ tastes like mashed potatoes!
Make Cauliflower Soup and Cauliflower Mash after re-hydrating.
Millet is used in alcoholic beverages and porridge; quinoa is a complete protein source and is gluten-free!
Easy tasty meals made with dehydrated food!