The Best Tasting Carrot Soup!
With a Splash of Orange Juice
Crazy-good carrot soup! Rather than risk razing my knuckles on the grater to add orange rind, I add a splash of OJ straight from the bottle! :-)
Easy Food Dehydrating is sponsored by A New Sober You:
When drinking isn't fun anymore, it's time to get help.
When hellish hangovers hinder your work performance, make you miss precious time with your kids, or are making you into a recluse, it's time to get help.
If you're sick and tired of being sick and tired and of being a slave to the bottle, it's time to get help.
Ingredients for Carrot Soup:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups of dehydrated carrots
- 1/4 cup dehydrated onion
- 2 slices dehydrated elephant garlic, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- salt* and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (more or less) of fresh or from-concentrate orange juice, to taste.
You should be able to 'detect' the
orange juice, but not be overwhelmed by it.
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2019 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
See How Easy it is to Dehydrate Food with our Six Simple Steps!
How to Make Carrot Soup You'll Crave:
1. Re-hydrate the dehydrated carrots, dehydrated onion, and the dehydrated garlic with clean cold or freshly
2. To a good heavy pan, add the olive oil, medium heat.
3. Add the onions and carrots and cook until softened, around 8 minutes or so, then add the garlic and the
oregano, and cook some more for a few minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots and onions are cooked through.
6. Add the orange juice, stir.
7. Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat
doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes. Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
You can also use a “wand/stick” blender, but make sure that you’re not using a non-stick pan or your “best pan” at this
stage, otherwise the hand-held stick blender head may scratch it.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
Grab our Recipe eBook
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes ~ 75+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
ENJOY this fantastic good-to-the-last-drop soup ... not only for the sheer taste of it, but the goodness of the beta carotene it contains too! It's my dad's FAVORITE soup that I make!
Please check out our other soup recipes over on our main recipe page. How about celery and potato soup? Or lentil soup? Yummy!
All of these dishes contain dehydrated food components. If you want to make these dishes using fresh ingredients, pick up a copy of our Recipe eBook. In it we list the fresh ingredients in lieu of dehydrated. Thanks.
Hey There, if you enjoyed this page, please Give us a LIKE on FB!
Apr 18, 19 09:27 AM
Carrot Soup - Best Tasting -- Use Your Dehydrated Carrots for making the best soup ever!
Apr 18, 19 09:15 AM
Dehydrated Food Recipes -- Learn just how Easy it is to dehydrate fruits and veggies for money-savings and long-term food storage...
Apr 15, 19 12:49 PM
Dehydrating Zucchini -- Save Money, use our Easy Way to dehydrate Zucchini for super Zucchini Bread and Fritters!
Apr 15, 19 12:29 PM
Household Items that are Dangerous to Dogs? | Check the top five on our list here ...
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!