Plastic Wrap Guide
A Quick Plastic Wrap Guide Pictorial
Here's an easy plastic wrap guide - in pictures! Why use plastic wrap? It helps protect sharp/crisp dehydrated foods from puncturing other bags while in the Mylar bags. Read the descriptive steps below the photos.
Here's an easy plastic wrap guide – your dehydrated fruit and
vegetables can have this optional plastic wrap protection – easy to do
as shown in the eight photographs below!
- step 1 - Fold excess vacuum bag top underneath
- step 2 - Pull out 2 ft approx. plastic wrap. Place folded
package down with the bag's fold facing the newly torn wrap edge (that's
on your left)
- step 3 - Fold the wrap over the top
- step 4 - And continue folding/wrapping the package to your right
- step 5 - Fold excess 'wings' see dotted line!
- step 6 - From bottom upwards ...
- step 7 - ... and fold the top wing down
- step 8 - Turn your package over so you can see your hand-written contents on vacuum bag through the wrap!
Click HERE to see Volume 1
Click HERE to see Volume 2
Dare I Now Say "It's a Wrap"?!
NOTE: When you have taken out a packet of dehydrated food to use, don't throw away the plastic wrap!
Instead, wrap it around an old cardboard paper-towel roll tube or fold the plastic wrap gently – and USE IT AGAIN!
Plastic Wrap - 400-foot Roll
Plastic Wrap - 200-foot Roll
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. The price you pay doesn't increase.
Why Are We Doing All This?
When you have dehydrated your food, it can become brittle and pretty sharp.
Always use good quality vacuum bags. I've given you a good Amazon supplier on the vacuum bags'
To prevent the dehydrated food packets from puncturing the bag
that's next to it in the Mylar bag, wrap the vacuumed bag first with
plastic wrap, and follow the pictorial guide, above!
Recap: The Sequence
- Dehydrate the food, (condition it too), then vacuum seal it with a 100cc oxypack.
- Wrap the package in plastic wrap to soften the corners to avoid puncturing other bags.
- Put those packages in the Mylar bags along with a 300cc oxypack in the Mylar bag.
- Seal the Mylar bag, and write on it the bag’s contents, and the date.
- Lastly, put these Mylar bags in the bins and buckets with a 2000cc oxypack.
You might like these ...
Vacuum Sealer Bags
Store your dehydrated foods in vacuum-sealer bags. Add an oxygen absorber prior to vacuuming the bag.
Mar 22, 20 08:20 AM
Dog Food - Chicken Chow Homemade - Our Dog's Favorite Food... made with love straight from your kitchen!
Mar 21, 20 08:12 AM
Cauliflower Mash - Super Tasting and Super Easy, kids love it... with added nutrition of millet and quinoa...
Mar 20, 20 08:23 AM
Delicious Apple Sauce -- use as a hot topping on vanilla icecream, or to dress slices of tender pork...
Mar 17, 20 07:31 AM
Dehydrating bananas at home provides your family with a great healthy snack... thanks to the tips and techiques you'll find right here!
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
Hi there, readers! :-)
If you enjoyed reading this page, share it ... thank you very much!
Easy Food Dehydrating
Storing Dehydrated Food
Plastic Wrap Guide