Plastic Wrap Guide
Here's an easy plastic wrap guide - in pictures! Why use plastic wrap? It helps protect sharp/crisp dehydrated foods from puncturing other bags while in the Mylar bags. Read more below the photos.
A Quick Plastic Wrap Guide Pictorial
Here's an easy plastic wrap guide – your dehydrated fruit and
vegetables can have this optional plastic wrap protection – easy to do
as shown in the eight photographs below!
- step 1 - Fold excess vacuum bag top underneath
- step 2 - Pull out 2 ft approx. plastic wrap. Place folded
package down with the bag's fold facing the newly torn wrap edge (that's
on your left)
- step 3 - Fold the wrap over the top
- step 4 - And continue folding/wrapping the package to your right
- step 5 - Fold excess 'wings' see dotted line!
- step 6 - From bottom upwards ...
- step 7 - ... and fold the top wing down
- step 8 - Turn your package over so you can see your hand-written contents on vacuum bag through the wrap!
Dare I Now Say "It's a Wrap"?!
Dare I Now Say
"It's a Wrap"?!
NOTE: When you have taken out a packet of dehydrated food to use, don't throw away the plastic wrap!
Instead, wrap it around an old cardboard paper-towel roll tube or fold the plastic wrap gently – and USE IT AGAIN!
Plastic Wrap - 400-foot Roll
Plastic Wrap - 200-foot Roll
Why Are We Doing All This?
Why Are We
Doing All This?
When you have dehydrated your food, it can become brittle and pretty sharp. Always use good quality vacuum bags and I've given you a good supplier on the vacuum bags
page link, and/or check out the vacuum sealer bags link here for DC Processing Equipment.
To prevent the dehydrated food packets from puncturing the bag
that's next to it in the Mylar bag, wrap the vacuumed bag first with
plastic wrap, and follow the pictorial guide, above!
Recap: The Sequence
- Dehydrate the food, (condition it too), then vacuum seal it with a 100cc oxypack.
- Wrap the package in plastic wrap to soften the corners to avoid puncturing other bags.
- Put those packages in the Mylar bags along with a 300cc oxypack in the Mylar bag.
- Seal the Mylar bag, and write on it the bag’s contents, and the date.
- Lastly, put these Mylar bags in the bins and buckets with a 2000cc oxypack.
Don't Forget To SIGN UP for Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
Storing Dehydrated Food
Plastic Wrap Guide
Mar 31, 18 08:30 AM
Dehydrating Melons -- Great to have Year 'Round -- Learn How to Dehydrate Melon at Home!
Mar 28, 18 03:00 PM
EFD eBook intro | Easy Food Dehydrating and Safe Food Storage eBook available ... just about EVERYWHERE!
Mar 19, 18 04:58 PM
Dehydrating Grapes -- Dehydrate Grapes at home! ... Raisins in Disguise ... Easy to make and are Healthy Snacks.
Mar 14, 18 08:24 AM
Dehydrating apricots at home provides year 'round availability... thanks to the tips and techiques you'll find right here!
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!