Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
Make this delicious lemony chicken orzo soup with dehydrated vegetables - it's a family favorite!
If you prefer, you can use the zest of fresh lemons or use a dash of lemon from your dehydrated lemon stock! And yes, sin of all sins, I WAS sitting in front of the computer eating it ... and NOT at the dining table!
But no matter where you eat this fantastic chicken soup, it's always refreshing and
delicious, and it's that touch of lemon that elevates it from ordinary
chicken soup, to extraordinary lemon chicken soup!
If you're in the mood for fresh bread, check out this bread recipe. The results even made me look like a professional baker! LOL
Easy Food Dehydrating is sponsored by A New Sober You
When drinking isn't fun anymore, it's time to get help. When hellish hangovers hinder your work performance, make you miss precious time with your kids, or are making you into a recluse, it's time to get help.
If you're sick and tired of being sick and tired and being a slave to the bottle, it's time to get help.
Learn more about A New Sober You here, or take our free confidential "Am I An Alcoholic Quiz."
Substitute White Rice For Orzo
NOTE: If you're out of orzo, you can very easily substitute white
rice for the orzo, though the rice will need about 5 to 10 minutes more
to cook through. I like orzo, though, because of the way the it plumps up so big!
Ingredients for Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup:
1 slice dehydrated elephant garlic
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated carrots, crumbled into small pieces
3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb. pre-cooked dehydrated chicken or leftover chicken from last night's dinner! You can use canned
chicken in water too - works great!
- Italian (dried) herbs to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- handful fresh chopped parsley
salt* and pepper to taste
lemon juice, or dehydrated lemon, or lemon zest
How to Make Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup:
1. Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above.
2. When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
3. Add the onion and carrots, cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock, then add the garlic – crumbled finely, and the remaining ingredients – bring to a boil and
cook an additional eight minutes.
5. At the end of cooking, add a good squirt of lemon juice (I choose to use ReaLemon brand). We just need to
detect a taste of lemon in the soup, and not overwhelm it with lemon!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
Grab our Recipe eBook
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes ~ 75+ pg eBook
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes
~ 75+ pg eBook ~
If you enjoyed reading this page, please Give us a LIKE on Facebook
by clicking below ... thank you very much!
Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
May 23, 19 10:03 AM
Dehydrating Grapes -- Dehydrate Grapes at home! ... Raisins in Disguise ... Easy to make and are Healthy Snacks.
May 22, 19 10:42 AM
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes eBook | Easy recipes that contain dehydrated food. On Sale Now!
May 21, 19 07:49 AM
Vacuum Sealer Bags - for storing dehydrated food. Available in different sizes and thicknesses. Find out which work the best, right here!
May 20, 19 08:38 AM
Dog Food - Chicken Chow Homemade - Our Dog's Favorite Food... made with love straight from your kitchen!
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!