Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
Make this delicious lemony chicken orzo soup with dehydrated vegetables - it's a family favorite!
Ingredients for Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
- 1 slice dehydrated elephant garlic
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated carrots, crumbled into small pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb pre-cooked dehydrated chicken or leftover chicken from
last night's dinner! You can use canned chicken in water too – works
- seasonings: Italian (dried) herbs to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- handful fresh chopped parsley
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
- lemon juice, or dehydrated lemon, or lemon zest
Here's How To Make This Delicious Soup:
Here's How To Make
This Delicious Soup:
- Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above.
- When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, then add the garlic – crumbled finely,
and the remaining ingredients - Bring to a boil and cook an additional 8
- At the end of cooking, add a good squirt of lemon juice (I
choose to use ReaLemon brand). We just need to detect a taste of lemon
in the soup, and not overwhelm it with lemon!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
It's a Steal! only $2.99
our 110+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
Make your soup in one of these super Non-Stick Pans from Amazon!
Make your soup
in one of these
super Non-Stick Pans
Cuisinart® 1-1/2 Qt
Substitute White Rice For Orzo
If you prefer, you can use the zest of fresh lemons or use a dash of lemon from your dehydrated lemon stock! And yes, sin of all sins, I WAS sitting in front of the computer eating it ... and NOT at the dining table!
No matter where you eat this fantastic chicken soup, it's always refreshing and
delicious, and it's that touch of lemon that elevates it from ordinary
chicken soup, to extraordinary lemon chicken soup!
NOTE: If you're out of orzo, you can very easily substitute white
rice for the orzo, though the rice will need about 5 to 10 minutes more
to cook through. I like orzo, though, because of the way the it plumps up so big!
Don't Forget To SIGN UP for Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup
Mar 14, 18 08:24 AM
Dehydrating apricots at home provides year 'round availability... thanks to the tips and techiques you'll find right here!
Mar 10, 18 02:57 PM
Chicken Noodle Soup -- Use Dehydrated Vegetables for this crowd-pleasin' soup... cheap to make too!
Mar 08, 18 02:39 PM
Ratatouille! -- Eggplant, Zucchini, Onion and more! Use dehydrated vegetables, we'll show you how ...
Feb 27, 18 04:16 PM
Healthier Banana Cinnamon Rolls | Delicious - Inpired by Raw Vegan Chef Alicia Ojeda with Brittany Taylor
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!