Guaranteed to Make Your Kitchen Smell Awesome!
Ratatouille is a fantastic dish on its own, but serve it with rice or orzo for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Whether you say "rat-a-too-eee" or "ra-ta-twee" either way it's a super-tasty dish of veggie goodness with a delicious aroma to boot!
You can also devour this dish with rice, or orz0; see bottom of page.
Click HERE to see Volume 1
Click HERE to see Volume 2
Ingredients for Ratatouille:
1-1/2 cups dehydrated zucchini (or yellow squash – or combo!)
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion rings
1/4 cup dehydrated mushrooms
3 slices dehydrated elephant garlic, crumbled
- 1 whole fresh eggplant, cubed (I leave the skin on, so wash well first)
- 10 black olives cut in half
boiling water (for dehydrated items)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt* and pepper to taste
1 14.5 oz. can small-diced tomatoes
1 cup of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon dried Italian Herb blend (more or less, to taste)
NOTE: Optional Orzo, 1 cup
How to Make Ratatouille
and Make Your Kitchen Smell Like You Live In Europe:
1. Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, let sit until they have plumped up.
2. Put oil in a large saucepan, sauté the eggplant.
3. Pour off excess water from dehydrated veggies, and add the veggies carefully to your saucepan as water can spit
in hot oil.
4. Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, and add the Italian seasoning.
5. Add the sliced olives.
6. Add the mushrooms.
7. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
8. If adding the orzo, add this at step 4. You may need to add a little more boiled water too, if you find the orzo
drinks up your stock too soon. Orzo only needs around 10 minutes to cook – half the time of rice. This, to me, makes this
Ratatouille dish like a risotto!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
Grab our Recipe eBook
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes ~ 75+ pg eBook
20 Taste-Tested Easy Recipes
~ 75+ pg eBook ~
As an alternative to the orzo, make some white or brown rice to serve
with these vegetables. This dish smells so good when it is cooking; it
fills your kitchen with a very pleasant aroma of the Mediterranean!
You can eat this just as a vegetable side dish, but with the
addition of the rice or orzo, it makes a whole meal. Our family loves
this! When you've got leftover rice, remember to put some aside to make this Ratatouille with rice.
You might like these ...
It’s easy to dehydrate veggies when you know how! Use fresh, or frozen - or right from your garden!
Apr 06, 20 08:58 AM
Bake Your Own Bread! Save money too. Fantasic recipe here.
Mar 22, 20 08:20 AM
Dog Food - Chicken Chow Homemade - Our Dog's Favorite Food... made with love straight from your kitchen!
Mar 21, 20 08:12 AM
Cauliflower Mash - Super Tasting and Super Easy, kids love it... with added nutrition of millet and quinoa...
Mar 20, 20 08:23 AM
Delicious Apple Sauce -- use as a hot topping on vanilla icecream, or to dress slices of tender pork...
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
Hi there, readers! :-)
If you enjoyed reading this page, share it ... thank you very much!
Easy Food Dehydrating
Dehydrated Food Recipes