Try your hand at making this awesome Velvety Pea Soup. Gather all the ingredients and add to one pan.
Don't know about you, but I love "one pot" dishes. Easy to make, and easy to clean up after! Mind you, with a slice of bread and butter to clean out the bowl, clean-up IS a breeze! :-)
This pea soup really does live up to its "velvety" name! Very smooth with almost a creamy texture/consistency.
The soup does contain the base ingredients of onions and olive oil, but what makes this soup special is the dried Tarragon!
1. Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the onion and peas, in separate bowls.
2. When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
3. Add the onions and cook until softened, around 5 minutes or so.
4. Add the vegetable stock and tarragon, bring to a boil.
5. Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas and onion are cooked through.
6. Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes.
7. Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
* As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. The price you pay doesn't increase.