Velvety Pea Soup
Try your hand at making this awesome Velvety Pea Soup. Yes, it really does live up to its name! It has onions and olive oil, but what makes this soup special is the dried Tarragon!
Here's How To Make Velvety Pea Soup:
- Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the onion and peas, in separate bowls.
- When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, around 5 minutes or so.
- Add the vegetable stock and tarragon, bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas and onion are cooked through.
- Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
If you're interested in making any of our mouth-watering recipes with fresh ingredients instead of dehydrated, please consider getting our eBook. Click on the banner below for more info. The eBook not only lists the quantities of dehydrated food in each recipe, it also lists the fresh ingredient amounts too!
It's a Steal! only $2.99
our 110+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
Great Blenders for Making Pea Soup over at Amazon
Great Blenders for Making
Pea Soup over at Amazon
Hamilton Beach® Power
with Free Pitcher
Wave Crusher Blender
ENJOY! Quick & Easy To Prepare!
Quick & Easy To Prepare!
It's that little bit of tarragon in this pea soup, I think, that makes it such a special
dish and I have to say that credit for adding tarragon goes to Ellie Krieger – she has some fantastic
recipe books, you should really check them out. You can find many of Ellie's great books over at Amazon.com
Don't Forget To SIGN UP for Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
Velvety Pea Soup
Mar 14, 18 08:24 AM
Dehydrating apricots at home provides year 'round availability... thanks to the tips and techiques you'll find right here!
Mar 10, 18 02:57 PM
Chicken Noodle Soup -- Use Dehydrated Vegetables for this crowd-pleasin' soup... cheap to make too!
Mar 08, 18 02:39 PM
Ratatouille! -- Eggplant, Zucchini, Onion and more! Use dehydrated vegetables, we'll show you how ...
Feb 27, 18 04:16 PM
Healthier Banana Cinnamon Rolls | Delicious - Inpired by Raw Vegan Chef Alicia Ojeda with Brittany Taylor
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!