Serve your shepherds pie in individual ramekins or make a one-pot meal!
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2017 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Making Tasty Shepherds Pie:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion
- 1/2 cup dehydrated celery
- 1 cup dehydrated carrots
- 2 cups boiling water (for the dehydrated items)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
- 1-1/2 cups of beef stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon)
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled, quartered
- knob of butter
- dash whole milk
- salt and pepper
Here's How to Make the best Shepherd's Pie!
Here's How to Make
the best Shepherd's Pie!
- Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, then discard this water.
- When they are sufficiently plump, put the veggies into a heavy saucepan with the heated olive oil, and cook for five minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and cook until the meat is browned through.
- Make the beef stock, add the ketchup, tomato paste, and
Worcestershire Sauce; add this to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small jug, add the flour and enough cold water to have a runny mixture (1/4 cup approx of water).
- In a separate pan, add the peeled and quartered potatoes, add
pinch of salt, and bring to a boil and simmer until cooked through.
Discard the water, add salt and pepper to taste, along with the pat of
butter, and a dash of milk. We're just making regular mashed potatoes
- When the beef in step 4 has cooked through, add the flour/water mix
and stir thoroughly – the beef mixture will now thicken up nicely –
cook for a few minutes to make sure you don't have raw flour! Add
salt/pepper to taste.
- Spoon out the beef mixture into four ramekins and top with the mashed potatoes.
- Place ramekins under the broiler (not too close!) and broil until the peaks of the mashed potatoes turn brown ... Enjoy!
*IF you need to add salt to this recipe, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
If you're interested in making this Shepherds Pie or any of our mouth-watering recipes with fresh ingredients instead of dehydrated, please consider getting our eBook. Click on the banner below for more info. The eBook not only lists the quantities of dehydrated food in each recipe, it also lists the fresh ingredient amounts too!
It's a Steal! only $2.99
our 110+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
Great Non-Stick Pans for Making Shepherd's Pie!
Great Non-Stick Pans
Cuisinart® 1-1/2 Qt
Don't Forget To SIGN UP for Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
Mar 31, 18 08:30 AM
Dehydrating Melons -- Great to have Year 'Round -- Learn How to Dehydrate Melon at Home!
Mar 28, 18 03:00 PM
EFD eBook intro | Easy Food Dehydrating and Safe Food Storage eBook available ... just about EVERYWHERE!
Mar 19, 18 04:58 PM
Dehydrating Grapes -- Dehydrate Grapes at home! ... Raisins in Disguise ... Easy to make and are Healthy Snacks.
Mar 14, 18 08:24 AM
Dehydrating apricots at home provides year 'round availability... thanks to the tips and techiques you'll find right here!
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!