One of the Easiest Veggies to Dehydrate!
Make great tasting soups by dehydrating celery so you'll have it on hand whenever a bowl of soup takes your fancy!
Here are a couple of easy celery-based soups listed on our Recipes page, for you to wrap your taste-buds around: Celery and Potato Soup and a Curried version!
If you've got a great
recipe to share too, please use the entry form on the bottom of our Recipes page to send
it in so we can all benefit from your culinary creation! Thanks! :-)
Save The Celery Leaves!
Please save the celery leaves, they are great chopped up and
added to soups. Also, don't discard the tiny part of the celery stalks,
these chop up great and can be added to Tuna and Chicken Salads!
Celery is a good source of vitamin A, followed by Choline,
vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid. There are trace amounts of
Riboflavin, vitamin B6, Betaine, Folate, and vitamin K. In the mineral department, celery is rich in Potassium, Calcium,
Magnesium, and Phosphorus. There are trace amounts of Iron, Selenium,
Zinc, Manganese, and Fluoride. Celery contains Omega-6 fatty acids. Dehydrated celery is fantastic re-hydrated – it plumps up really well and you can't tell the difference from fresh!
Make Your Own
Celery salt is great for stews and soups too. You can easily make your own celery salt (add equal parts of salt and celery) and then get out your grinder/coffee mill.
Have you ever tried celery with peanut butter?
Sounds odd, I know, but it tastes delicious!
Dehydrating Celery the Easy Way!
Let's get busy dehydrating celery; so easy!
- Wash and slice fresh celery into 1/8" thick slices, a mandoline does a fine job of this – just watch your fingers please!
- Arrange on your food dehydrator trays, making sure the celery slices don't touch
- Turn on your food dehydrator and set the temperature between 125°F and 135°F (or per your food dehydrator's instructions).
- Dehydrated celery will be leathery when fully dried. It reminds me of tiny seahorses for some strange reason ... :-)
- Drying time: between 3-10 hours.
- Please remember to rotate your trays for even drying.
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2019 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
Check Out This Great
This is a fantastic mandoline from Amazon, but be very careful of the sharp blades – always use the slicing hand-guard when appropriate!
If this particular model is not available, don't worry, I'm sure Amazon suppliers have many more on hand,
Hey There, if you enjoyed this page, please Give us a LIKE on FB!
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!