HOME | DEHYDRATE FRUIT | DEHYDRATE VEGETABLES | DEHYDRATE MEAT
ARTICLES | FAQ | SAFE STORAGE | EASY TASTY RECIPES | eBOOK
The Best Tasting Carrot Soup
NOTE: For your convenience, you may print out this recipe!
Hit the 'Print this Recipe' button that's just below the first black divider line.
ONLY the part BETWEEN the two thin black divider lines will print.
Even if you see a gold background in your browser window, the gold background doesn't print out!
Want to save trees instead?
All our recipes are available on the Kindle over at Amazon.
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2013 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
catch us on Facebook
Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups of dehydrated carrots
- 1/4 cup dehydrated onion
- 2 slices dehydrated elephant garlic, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups of vegetable stock. (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon by Superior Touch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- around 1/2 cup of fresh or from-concentrate orange juice, to
taste. You should be able to 'detect' the orange juice, but not be
overwhelmed by it.
Here's How to Make It:
- Re-hydrate the dehydrated carrots, dehydrated onion, and the dehydrated garlic with clean cold or freshly boiled water.
- To a good heavy pan, add the olive oil, medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook until softened, around 8
minutes or so, then add the garlic and the oregano, and cook some more
for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots and onions are cooked through.
- Add the orange juice, stir.
- Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway
splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix
blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes. Get FREE shipping on a Vitamix Blender by using our code: 06-008285 a value of $25 US, or $35 in Canada! Visit www.vitamix.com today!
- Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
ENJOY this fantastic good-to-the-last-drop soup... not only for the sheer taste of it, but the goodness of the beta carotene it contains too!
This is my dad's FAVORITE soup that I make!
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Carrot Soup