with Dehydrated Vegetables
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2015 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Beef Stew:
Here's How to Make It in the Slow Cooker:
- Put the dehydrated items and seasonings in your crock-pot.
- Prepare 3 cups beef stock in a large jug. Add the
Worcestershire Sauce, ketchup, and optional tomato paste. Stir to
dissolve the ketchup.
- In a separate jug, measure 1/4 cup of cold water, add the
flour, stir well then add this to the beef stock and Worcestershire
Sauce and ketchup mix. Stir well.
- Add the stock mix to the slow cooker (let it cool a bit so you don't shock your crock(pot)!
- Add the stewing beef. Stir gently to mix all. Cover with crock-pot lid.
- Turn on the slow cooker ... low heat, 4 - 6 hours.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
When you return home from work... it's ready to serve!
NOTE: If you will be unable to check it during the day, make 4 cups of
stock so it can cook for 8 hours - this way it will not dry out in the crock-pot.
The higher quality your stewing beef, the more melt-in-the-mouth it will
be! Make sure there is a little bit of marbled fat in the stewing beef,
as that adds tremendously to the flavor of this dish.
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Beef Stew
Visit Easy Food Dehydrating's profile on Pinterest.
for our free
Don't Worry! Your email address is
totally secure. I promise to use it
ONLY to send you our Newsletter.