HOME | DEHYDRATE FRUIT | DEHYDRATE VEGETABLES | DEHYDRATE MEAT
Start your journey here: SIX SIMPLE STEPS
QUICK "how to": FRUIT VIDEOS | VEGGIE VIDEOS
ARTICLES | FAQ | SAFE STORAGE | EASY TASTY RECIPES | THE eBOOK
<-- check out MORE links down the left-hand side!
-- with Orzo or served with Rice!
May 2011 Winning Recipe of the Month!
NOTE: For your convenience, you may print out this recipe!
Hit the 'Print this Recipe' button that's just below the first black divider line.
ONLY the part BETWEEN the two thin black divider lines will print.
Even if you see a gold background in your browser window, the gold background doesn't print out!
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2014 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Ratatouille:
- 1-1/2 cups dehydrated zucchini
- 1 whole fresh eggplant, cubed (I leave the skin on, so wash well first)
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion rings
- 1/4 cup dehydrated mushrooms
- 10 black olives, cut in half
- 3 slices dehydrated elephant garlic, crumbled
- boiling water (for dehydrated items)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
- 1 14.5 oz. can small-diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon by Superior Touch)
- seasonings: 1 tablespoon dried Italian Herb blend (more or less, to taste)
- NOTE: Optional Orzo, 1 cup
Here's How to Make This Fabulous Mediterranean Dish!
- Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, let sit until they have plumped up.
- Put oil in a large saucepan, sauté the eggplant.
- Pour off excess water from dehydrated veggies, and add the
veggies carefully to your saucepan as water can spit in hot oil...
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, and add the Italian seasoning.
- Add the sliced olives.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- If adding the orzo, add this at step 4. You may need to add a
little more boiled water too, if you find the orzo drinks up your stock
too soon. Orzo only needs around 10 minutes to cook, half the time of
rice. This makes this Ratatouille dish like a
risotto, to me!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it...
As an alternative to the orzo, make some white or brown rice to serve
with these vegetables. This dish smells so good when it is cooking; it
fills your kitchen with a very pleasant aroma of the Mediterranean!
You can eat this just as a vegetable side dish, but with the
addition of the rice or orzo, it makes a whole meal.
Our family loves
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Ratatouille
Copyright © 2010-2014 easy-food-dehydrating.com
As a courtesy you must include a link to this site: www.easy-food-dehydrating.com
if or when you use ANY content in ANY way from it - Thank You!