-- with Orzo or served with Rice!
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2015 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Ratatouille:
Here's How to Make This Fabulous Mediterranean Dish!
- Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, let sit until they have plumped up.
- Put oil in a large saucepan, sauté the eggplant.
- Pour off excess water from dehydrated veggies, and add the
veggies carefully to your saucepan as water can spit in hot oil...
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, and add the Italian seasoning.
- Add the sliced olives.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- If adding the orzo, add this at step 4. You may need to add a
little more boiled water too, if you find the orzo drinks up your stock
too soon. Orzo only needs around 10 minutes to cook, half the time of
rice. This makes this Ratatouille dish like a
risotto, to me!
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it...
As an alternative to the orzo, make some white or brown rice to serve
with these vegetables. This dish smells so good when it is cooking; it
fills your kitchen with a very pleasant aroma of the Mediterranean!
You can eat this just as a vegetable side dish, but with the
addition of the rice or orzo, it makes a whole meal.
Our family loves
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Ratatouille
Visit Easy Food Dehydrating's profile on Pinterest.