Debby's Delectable Carrot Cake
-- from Dehydrated Grated Carrots!
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2015 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Debby's Delectable Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 cups re-hydrated well-drained finely grated carrots
(about 1-1/2 cups of dehydrated finely-grated carrots)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 8-oz blocks of cream cheese
- 2 16-oz. boxes 10x confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's How to Make It:
NOTE: First, set out the cream cheese to let it come to room temperature, chop the nuts, and rehydrate the carrots.
- Mix well the first three ingredients: sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Add in the next four ingredients: cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour.
- Stir in by hand the next two ingredients: carrots and walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, in a 9"x 12" baking dish/pan.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together: cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla.
- Frost the cake with half the frosting while it is still
warm (let it seep into the cake!) - Frost with remaining frosting when cake has cooled completely - and refrigerate.
And let's see how long this cake hangs around your home!
I made this cake for my mom's birthday - and usually my dad turns
up his nose at store-bought cakes with their frosting -- it's
especially the frosting that he doesn't like -- so imagine my surprise
when he had a slice of THIS cake and said the frosting was delicious!
And he had more than one slice too! Thanks dad! And mom says "thanks for
NOTE: Credit for this recipe goes to Debby Wilson who kindly shared this fantastic recipe with us!
By the way, this cake is huge! You may want to try halving all the ingredients so you're not tempted to pig out...
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Debby's Delectable Carrot Cake
Visit Easy Food Dehydrating's profile on Pinterest.
for our free
Don't Worry! Your email address is
totally secure. I promise to use it
ONLY to send you our Newsletter.