Velvety Pea Soup
made with Dehydrated
Peas and Onions!
-- One of my dad's favorites!
from your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2015 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
find us on Facebook
Ingredients for Velvety Pea Soup:
Here's How To Make This Great Pea Soup:
- Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the onion and peas, in separate bowls.
- When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, around 5 minutes or so.
- Add the vegetable stock and tarragon, bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas and onion are cooked through.
- Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it...
ENJOY!... this is so quick and easy to prepare!
It's that little bit of tarragon in this velvety pea soup, I think, that makes it special
and credit for that idea goes to Ellie Krieger - she has some fantastic
recipe books, you should really check them out.
They're available in our safe Smart Shopper Market Place :-)
HOME > Recipes > Go to Top of Velvety Pea Soup
Visit Easy Food Dehydrating's profile on Pinterest.