Here's How To Make This Great Pea Soup:
Here's How To Make
This Great Pea Soup:
- Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the onion and peas, in separate bowls.
- When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, around 5 minutes or so.
- Add the vegetable stock and tarragon, bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas and onion are cooked through.
- Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.