Velvety Pea Soup
Made With Dehydrated Peas and Onions! – One of My Dad's Favorite Soups!
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2015 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
Here's How To Make This Great Pea Soup:
- Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the onion and peas, in separate bowls.
- When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, around 5 minutes or so.
- Add the vegetable stock and tarragon, bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas and onion are cooked through.
- Use a blender to mix, in small batches ... allow air to escape from the little hole in the lid so that the heat doesn't cause any explosive problems! Just have your hand over that top little hole to catch any runaway splashes if you don't have a Vitamix (I highly recommend Vitamix blenders). If you have a Vitamix blender, you can leave the small cap on as it has ventilation holes.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 - 60 seconds.
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function
Ninja Professional Blender (BL660)
KitchenAid 5-speed with Free Pitcher
Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender
ENJOY! ... this is so quick and easy to prepare!
It's that little bit of tarragon in this velvety pea soup, I think, that makes it special
and credit for that idea goes to Ellie Krieger – she has some fantastic
recipe books, you should really check them out.
Ellie's books are listed in our safe Smart Shopper Market Place :-)
5-Star Rated Easy Food Dehydrating & Safe Food Storage
Click the Covers to Read More About 'em!
iBooks, nook, kobo, OYSTER,
Inktera (Page Foundry),
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season! Our 6-part email series will arrive in your inbox every three days – click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Sign Up for our
FREE Mini Course!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Our 6-part email series will arrive in your inbox every three days – click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Sep 29, 15 12:46 PM
Dehydrating Food in Six Simple Steps ... Learn How Easy it is to have a Supply of Food available for any Emergency ...
Sep 15, 15 02:56 PM
Vacuum-Sealing Food for Long-Term Storage NEW on Mother Earth News! Check out our latest post which delves into the best bags (and how to use and position them) for safe vacuum-sealing of dehydrated f…
Sep 11, 15 12:11 PM
Food Dehydrating 101 is Here | What You Need To Know About Food Dehydrating in ONE HOUR!
Sep 10, 15 07:50 AM
Conditioning Dehydrated Foods - An Important Step. If you're dehydrating mushrooms, please make sure you do this step! Featured on Mother Earth News.
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
Check us out on these great channels:
Velvety Pea Soup
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE