Brown and Serve in Individual Ramekins!
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2016 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion
- 1/2 cup dehydrated celery
- 1 cup dehydrated carrots
- 2 cups boiling water (for the dehydrated items)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
- 1-1/2 cups of beef stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon)
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled, quartered
- knob of butter
- dash whole milk
- salt and pepper
Here's How to Make the best Shepherd's Pie!
Here's How to Make
the best Shepherd's Pie!
- Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, then discard this water.
- When they are sufficiently plump, put the veggies into a heavy saucepan with the heated olive oil, and cook for five minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and cook until the meat is browned through.
- Make the beef stock, add the ketchup, tomato paste, and
Worcestershire Sauce; add this to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small jug, add the flour and enough cold water to have a runny mixture (1/4 cup approx of water).
- In a separate pan, add the peeled and quartered potatoes, add
pinch of salt, and bring to a boil and simmer until cooked through.
Discard the water, add salt and pepper to taste, along with the pat of
butter, and a dash of milk. We're just making regular mashed potatoes
- When the beef in step 4 has cooked through, add the flour/water mix
and stir thoroughly – the beef mixture will now thicken up nicely –
cook for a few minutes to make sure you don't have raw flour! Add
salt/pepper to taste.
- Spoon out the beef mixture into four ramekins and top with the mashed potatoes.
- Place ramekins under the broiler (not too close!) and broil until the peaks of the mashed potatoes turn brown ... Enjoy!
*IF you need to add salt to this recipe, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
It's a Steal! only $2.99
our 110+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
Great Non-Stick Pans for Making Shepherd's Pie!
Great Non-Stick Pans
Cuisinart® 1-1/2 Qt
Reminder: Don't Forget To SIGN UP for our FREE Mini Course!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Our 6-part email series will arrive in your inbox every three days
– click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Reminder: Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our FREE Mini Course!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Our 6-part email series will arrive
in your inbox every three days
– click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
Dec 01, 16 08:03 AM
Dilip asks about taking the grapes off the stems to make raisins - Read more here on page 31 of our FAQ on dehydrating grapes for super tasty raisins!
Nov 26, 16 10:01 AM
Dehydrating Turkey - It's E-A-S-Y when you use pre-cooked, pre-sliced turkey meat! Check it out...
Nov 07, 16 02:04 PM
More Frequently Asked Questions about Dehydrating Food for long-term storage -- answered right here! ... FAQ - page 31
Oct 21, 16 09:25 AM
Lentil Soup, Easy! | Use Your Slow Cooker and Dehydrated Vegetables to make this classic soup, destined to become a family pleaser!
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!