Brown and Serve in Individual Ramekins!
From your friends at Easy Food Dehydrating
Copyright © 2010-2016 ~ easy-food-dehydrating.com
Find us on Facebook
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion
- 1/2 cup dehydrated celery
- 1 cup dehydrated carrots
- 2 cups boiling water (for the dehydrated items)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
- 1-1/2 cups of beef stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon)
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled, quartered
- knob of butter
- dash whole milk
- salt and pepper
Here's How to Make the best Shepherd's Pie!
Here's How to Make
the best Shepherd's Pie!
- Use the freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above, then discard this water.
- When they are sufficiently plump, put the veggies into a heavy saucepan with the heated olive oil, and cook for five minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and cook until the meat is browned through.
- Make the beef stock, add the ketchup, tomato paste, and
Worcestershire Sauce; add this to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small jug, add the flour and enough cold water to have a runny mixture (1/4 cup approx of water).
- In a separate pan, add the peeled and quartered potatoes, add
pinch of salt, and bring to a boil and simmer until cooked through.
Discard the water, add salt and pepper to taste, along with the pat of
butter, and a dash of milk. We're just making regular mashed potatoes
- When the beef in step 4 has cooked through, add the flour/water mix
and stir thoroughly – the beef mixture will now thicken up nicely –
cook for a few minutes to make sure you don't have raw flour! Add
salt/pepper to taste.
- Spoon out the beef mixture into four ramekins and top with the mashed potatoes.
- Place ramekins under the broiler (not too close!) and broil until the peaks of the mashed potatoes turn brown ... Enjoy!
*IF you need to add salt to this recipe, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it.
It's a Steal! only $2.99
our 110+ pg eBook
Read more about the Recipe eBook here
Great Non-Stick Pans for Making Shepherd's Pie!
Great Non-Stick Pans
Cuisinart® 1-1/2 Qt
Don't Forget To SIGN UP for Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry – for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of apples to find out all about it!
Don't Forget To
SIGN UP for our Six Simple Steps!
Learn how to keep a full pantry –
for any reason or season!
Click the little girl's basket of
apples to find out all about it!
May 13, 17 11:18 AM
How to build websites with SBI in Two Words: Very Easily... and you don't have to know any html to get started! Join us...
May 13, 17 11:13 AM
About Me and SBI and Easy Food Dehydrating
May 04, 17 03:10 PM
It's blueberry pie time! Mar wrote in to ask this: "Do you HAVE to blanch blueberries prior to dehydrating?" Answer is right here!
Apr 01, 17 02:05 PM
Dog Food Chicken Chow - Our Miniature Pinscher's Favorite Food... made with love straight from your kitchen using fresh or dehydrated ingredients you already have in your pantry! ...
Read More of our Blog Posts Here
↑ TOP OF THE PAGE
if you like our site, click below!